Location: Mississippi River, St Louis Date Built: 1910 GPS Coordinates: N38.66500 W90.18276
The McKinley Bridge was the first alignment of Route 66 into St Louis. Built in 1910, it carried automobile traffic until 2001 when it closed due to years of disrepair. Ownership of the bridge transferred from the city of Venice, Illinois to the States of Illinois and Missouri in mid-2003. Repairs were completed in 2007, and was opened to pedestrian traffic in November, and opened for all traffic in December of that year.